Increasing product’s efficiency or use at manufacture by using few resources and materials.
Avoiding plastic use when it’s unnecessary, as you can see in this picture.
Regarding the “R” in Reduction, companies have a long way ahead:
- Reducing raw materials with new and more efficient equipment
- Reducing the final products’ energy and supply consumption
- Reducing stock by standardizing products’ elements
- Optimizing the stocktake of raw materials, spare parts, and final goods
- Reducing the product range
This has a positive impact on any company since it enhances its competitiveness through cost reduction, brand differentiation, and environmental awareness.